I finished 17 books in June. I’ve impressed myself considering I was working as much as possible. To be fair, 5 of them were started in previous months. Here’s what I read.
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvian Neuvel ✰2✰
- You Need a Budget by Jesse Mecham ✰4✰
- Minecraft: The Island by Max Brooks ✰2✰
- Crystal the Snow Fairy by Daisy Meadows ✰3✰
- The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking ✰2✰
- No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty ✰3✰
- Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor ✰4✰
- Heat: Fated Mates by Wolf Specter ✰5✰
- Omega’s Fate by Wolf Specter ✰3✰
- Mad Passion by Naaju Rorrete ✰2✰
- Tonight by Karen Stivali ✰5✰
- Off Broadway by Sarah Kay Moll ✰5✰
- Swimmer Boy by Jay Argent ✰3✰
- When Fire Met Rain by Henry Reign ✰2✰
- Finding Finn by Kiki Burrelli ✰4✰
- Lexi the Firefly Fairy by Daisy Meadows ✰3✰
- And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard ✰2✰
This was no where near my normal reading month as far as subject matter. Two of the books were early chapter books I read to my three year old daughter. She liked them more than I did and that was the point really.
I also read 7 romances which I haven’t read since I was 16 and working at summer camp. I ended up really enjoying the first one I picked up for free on kindle and then continued down a rabbit hole of reading another one as soon as I finished one. I can’t say I didn’t enjoy it.
Overall a great reading month for me. And in the spirit of obscenely long currently reading lists I’m in the middle of 19 books. Down from 22. Progress is the important thing I suppose. When I do a midmonth check in I will include what books I am currently reading. Hopefully I can whittle the list down a bit before then.