In August I finished 8 books. Tied for my lowest month of the year. I also started 12 books. That brings my total books read in 2018 up to 87.
These are the books I read:
- The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery ✰4✰
- Here We Cross Edited by Rose Lemberg ✰4✰
- Captain January by Laura E Richards ✰5✰
- Blue Birds by Caroline Starr Rose ✰4✰
- Spilling Ink by Anne Mazer and Ellen Potter ✰5✰
- How to Make Big Bucks From Big Blogs by Brandon Colker ✰3✰
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang ✰4✰
- Cam Jansen and the Mystery at Monkey House by David Adler ✰3✰
Most of the books I read this month were finished during Booktubeathon which ended on the 5th. I didn’t finish another book until the 19th when I let myself pick up a graphic novel. And the only book I finished after that was a read aloud we did for my daughter’s first few days of kindergarten. This was a disappointing reading month for me.
My favorite book this month was Spilling Ink by Anne Mazer and Ellen Potter. It was a great book for young writers on inspiration and how to get yourself writing, why you should write, why what you want to write is worth writing about, and more. I thoroughly enjoyed it again.
My most surprising book this month was The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang. I’m not sure what I was expecting going in to this book, but I got so much more. The characters were endearing, the drawings were amazing, and I loved the story. His father’s gesture near the end made me laugh out loud and cry all at once. Certainly a favorite.
What is the best book you read in the month of August?