In the third quarter of the year I acquired 23 physical books. A few were gifts, a few were giveaways, some from Dollar Tree, and others from book sales or thriftbooks.com
So far I have finished 2 that I really enjoyed and started reading 4 others.
First up are the books I won in Goodreads Giveaways. I haven’t read any of them yet, but am very excited for at least two of them.
- The Poisoned City by Anna Clark. After receiving this one I’m worried it might be a little too heavy for my current mental state, but I do plan to read it at some point.
- Astounding by Alec Nevala-Lee. So excited for this one!
- Leap Frog by Nathalie Molina Nino and Sara Grace
- If Nuns Were Wives by Shani Chen. Hoping to start this one very soon
The next set of books are ones that were purchased from Barnes and Nobel. My husband’s birthday was at the end of July and my father in law took all three of us (my husband, daughter, and I) to Barnes for book shopping and coffee. It’s a long drive for us, at least with a three year old, but I got to bring home three books as a gift. Everyone else brought things home too.
- Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection by Sharon Salzberg. I have started this one but am not far in to it yet.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. This is the only one I have finished of the three so far. I loved it! I hope to do a full review on it soon.
- The Self-Love Experiment by Shannon Kaiser. This one has also been started, but not finished yet.
I ordered two of the books on my homeschool books wish list this quarter.
I also picked up four books at Dollar Tree. That means I paid just $1 for them. I haven’t read any of these ones yet.
The rest of the books were purchased from either Thriftbooks.com or the library or Amazon. I have read one of them and started one other.
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. This was the BohoBerry Bookclub pick for September
- Fingertip of the Tongue by Sarah Rice
- Love & Magic by John Hanlon. I read this book during Booktubeathon and gave it ✰5✰
- Blogging: How to Sell Your Soul for a Million Dollar Blog by Efron Hirsch
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. I happened to find this at a library book sale for 50 cents shortly after finishing Big Magic. There is a fun and magical story about this book within Big Magic. I hope to read it soon for an upcoming color coded TBR.
- Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel
- How to be a Productivity Ninja by Graham Allcott. This was a gift, to myself, on National Booklover’s Day. I had a book wrapped for myself, my husband, and our daughter.
- Outlanderby Diana Gabaldon
- Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews
- The Girls by Emma Cline
23 new books this quarter. 2 read and loved. Hopefully another 21 that I will love soon. What is a new book you bought?