Today I will be answering the Reading Habits Tag. I wasn’t tagged, but thought the questions sounded fun. The only links I could find for the original creator of this tag led to nowhere. If you have a link to the creator let me know and I’ll add it here.
On to the questions.
1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading? Anywhere. I work from home so usually just at my desk. I love to read on the big comfy recliner though and I do a lot of reading in bed. I will also read in the bath.
2) Bookmark or random piece of paper? Bookmark. I have an big collection of them and one of my favorite parts of starting a new book is choosing a bookmark to match.
3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages? With a toddler, a hubby, and working from home I don’t always have the luxury of stopping when I would like to, but I always prefer to stop at the end of a chapter.
4) Do you eat or drink while reading? Sometimes. I always have a drink nearby. My favorite reading time is a coffee date with my hubby. We go to Tim Horton’s and have iced capps while we sit and read our respective books. My favorite dates ever.
5) Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? No. I can’t concentrate with much noise going on. The toddler is enough distraction.
6) One book at a time or several at once? I always have multiple books going on at once. At least one physical book and one ebook. Usually it’s many more than just two though.
7) Reading at home or everywhere? Anywhere I can sit for a few minutes at a time.
8) Reading out loud or silently in your head? Nearly always silently in my head. Occasionally if it’s too noisy and I can’t understand what I’ve just read a dozen times, I’ll say it out loud to make sure I know what I’m reading. Also I, of course, read out loud to the kiddo all the time.
9) Do you read ahead or even skip pages? Never!
10) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? I try to be gentle, but it doesn’t hurt me at all to see a well loved book on my shelf.
11) Do you write in your books? As often as I can and want to.
Question 12 was to tag people, but I’m not going to tag anyone today.
Do you think any of my answers are controversial? What is something that you do differently than me?