I love to make new goals, at the beginning of a year, at the beginning of a month, at the beginning of a week. I love to try and stretch myself just beyond what I think I can manage. Sometimes I fail and I feel bad for a while before I make new goals to try for. But sometimes I succeed and I see just how much I can actually accomplish when I push myself.
I have made New Year’s Goals for as long as I can remember and there is always a mix of things to strive for when I pick up my pen and begin to write them down. I also, nearly always, end up with 12 goals. It happens unconsciously. I write until I feel done and then I count and, more often than not, I have twelve items.
This year is no exception. I have 12 items on my 2019 Goals list, that I keep in the back of my planner.
Six of these goals are reading or writing related.
- Read 75 books. I’m upping my Goodreads reading goal from 1 book a week to 1.5 books a week. I will have read about 130 books this year by the time the year ends so this should be doable.
- Read my NaNoWriMo 2010 rough draft.
- Read my NaNoWriMo 2012 rough draft.
- Keep up on my blog posts. I post Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and have since the end of June 2018.
- Complete 2 of the 3 NaNoWriMo events in 2019.
- Finish my One Year Adventure Novel lessons.
The other six goals are varied:
- Having a monthly date night with my husband.
- Getting the spare room cleared out to have a functional playroom for my three year old.
- Improving my typing speed.
- Losing 25 pounds.
- Growing our savings again.
- And taking my daughter to at least one new museum. She loves them!
Here’s to a successful 2019! What are some of your goals?