I’ve seen this tag going around and though I wasn’t tagged by anyone I decided to answer the questions any way. I tried to follow the link to the original tag Youtube video, but the video was unavailable. If you have a link let me know and I’ll add it in.
There are 12 questions in this tag.
1. What’s your favorite book? This is way too hard of a question. I have a post from September with my five favorite books. You can check that out here.
2. What was your favorite book 5 years ago? She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb was my favorite book from college to a little over a year ago.
3. Favorite duology? Trilogy? Series? I can’t think of a duology I’ve read. Favorite trilogy and series would be the same answer. The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
4. What was the last book you read? The last book I finished was In the Blink of an Eye by Jesse Blackadder. I finished this book on January 2nd. You will see it in my next Recent Reads post.
5. What was the last poetry book you read? The last poetry book I read was Space to Dream by Stacie Eirich. I read it in October 2018.
6. What book has most influenced your life? For this I’ll have to go with On Writing by Stephen King. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve read this book, but it’s quite a few. It inspires me to live doing what I feel driven to do, whether that is writing or something else. I always read this book and feel more inspired to write and live afterwards.
7. A book that made you ugly cry? Burned by Ellen Hopkins. At this point I don’t remember when I read this book, but I do remember crying so hard at the end of the book that my husband found me sobbing and thought a family member must have died. I haven’t read an Ellen Hopkins book since. The combination of the story lines and the book told in verse just effects me so emotionally I can’t handle them with my depression these days.
8. A book that made you laugh? Space Team by Barry J Hutchinson. I don’t actually remember much about this book at this point except that it was funny. I had to scroll back through the two years of reading data I have on Goodreads to find a book that made me laugh and there were only three on the list. I think I need to add more humor to my TBR. Suggestions?
9. A character you’d like to be for a day? I can’t think of one. I don’t read many pleasant books so anywhere I sent myself for a day would probably not be fun.
10. A book that was so good you dreamt about it? On the Island by Tracy Garvis Graves. I don’t think I’ve actually had a dream about it, but I don’t usually have dreams, at least not that I can remember. But this is a book I would like to have dreams about.
11. A book you DNF’d? The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
12. What books are you excited to read? I am excited about more books than I will ever be able to read in my lifetime. The books I thought of first for this question though are the books in The Band Series by Nicholas Eames. The first two books are called Kings of the Wyld and Bloody Rose. They sound fantastic and I can’t wait to get my hands on them. Maybe for my birthday in February.
Is there a character you would like to be for a day?