I have seen this challenge going around Booktube for a few months and I have been wanting to give it a try. The idea is to time yourself and see how quickly you can complete it though and I don’t necessarily have that kind of time in a solid chunk, yes I literally don’t have 10-15 minutes in a row that I can do something at this time. So I decided to just forgo the timer and see what I can find in my collection over the amount of time that it takes me.
The tag was created by Keeping Tabs over on Youtube.
There are 20 questions and each of them asks you to find a book meeting the criteria of the question.
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I happen to hate deckled edges. I wouldn’t buy a book if I knew it had them. I don’t like the messy way it looks or the way it feels or the way it makes it so much harder to flip through pages. I do have at least one though. I ordered it from Thriftbooks.com for my birthday and had no idea that it had deckled edges until it arrived. It is Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. I haven’t read it yet, but plan to in April.
2. Do you have a book with three or more people on the cover?
I have The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. The cover I have has five people on it.
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Bossypants by Tina Fey was the first one I found.
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib that I recently received from the St. Martin’s Press.
6. Do you have a mass market paperback book?
So so many. I don’t like them much. The pages always feel squished and small and they don’t turn as nicely. A recent acquisition was The Princess Bride by William Goldman. It was a gift.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
The Running Man by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman. I haven’t read this one.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
I have a book that I bought years ago and never read that is by Robert Bloch and the title is Lori. That’s my name and that’s the only reason I purchased it. I don’t even know what it is about.
9. Do you have a book with two maps in it?
Eldest by Christopher Paolini
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
11. Do you have a book written by someone who was originally famous for something else? i.e. celebrity, athlete, politician, TV personality, etc.
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
13. Do you have a poetry book?
A Night Without Armor by Jewel
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
The Giver by Lois Lowry. The beginning to a fantastic quartet.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
My initials are LM and I have We Are Called to Rise by Laura McBride
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
Just After Sunset by Stephen King
17. Do you have a book that is between 500 and 510 pages long?
This one took absolutely forever to find, but my copy of Eragon by Christopher Paolini has 509 pages. Phew.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Where’d You Go, Burnadette by Maria Semple is due to come out as a movie in August of this year.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Everyone’s a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too by Jomny Sun
20. Do you have a book written by two or more authors?
The Illuminae Files written by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. This is my favorite series.
Have you ever purchased a book because your name was in the title or because a character in the book had your name?