This tag was created by Ali Corvere Books on YouTube. It has 8 questions revolving around books and a desert island experience.
1) The boat you’re sailing on shipwrecks off the coast of a desert island. Only one of your books (or series) washes ashore. What’s one you can read over and over and not get sick of?
I don’t often read series, but a series seems like the best option for if you only have one thing to have with you. So I would choose The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. They are a series I love, they are long, they are an interesting format. I would love to reread them again at some point.
2) Two of the crew members survive and you all come up with a plan for rescue. Name two book characters you wouldn’t mind being stranded with.
I’ll take Kady from The Illuminae Files. She can get stuff done. And I’ll take Clay from Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames. He is strong and brave too. I’ll probably need them to take care of me. I go to pieces in emergencies. Also, he reminds me in some ways of my late husband.
3) After making a smoke signal, you three go exploring and find species of animals you’ve never seen before. What are some fictional fauna you’d want on the island.
Obviously I’m going to choose unicorns.
4) Your group goes into a cave and finds a wishing well. You wish for a cool magical ability. What character’s powers did you choose?
I don’t have a specific character in mind. But I would choose a power that makes me never hungry so I don’t have to eat snails or other castaways. I don’t know if there is a word for that. I’m not well versed in super powers.
5) On the way back to shore, your group gets attacked by “others” inhabiting the island. What character’s fighting skills would you want to have?
I would like the fighting skills of The Princess in Black by Shannon Hale. The princess uses her scepter to twinkle twinkle little smash the monsters back to monster land.
6) You get captured and taken to their evil leader. What villain would be your worst nightmare.
Richard Theo from Us Against You by Fredrik Backman is the most evil villain I have read about recently. What a disgusting human being.
7) Another ship saw your smoke signal and comes to save you! Name a book crush you’d want to be rescued by.
Either of the men from Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston.
8) Your rescuer offers to take you anywhere you want. What book world or setting do you choose?
I would like to live in the Shire from The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. That sounds like a good place to end this crazy adventure.
Where would you like to be dropped off after being stranded on an island?