This month I hope to read some scary books for Halloween. I don’t read many scary books though so I’ll stick with some mild choices.
I am currently in the middle of 7 books that I plan to finish up this month while working on some new reads. Some of these books I’m in the middle of are:
- The Institute by Stephen King
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden
The Jason book (books my late husband loved) for the month is Stainless Steel Rat’s Revenge by Harry Harrison.
My book on grief choice for the month is It’s OK that You’re Not OK by Megan Devine.
I will be reading Spellbound by Christopher Pike for my haul revisit.
The rest of the books I chose because they seemed in some way spooky to me.
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Yearbook by Peter Lerangis
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani
- Dry by Neal Shusterman
- What the Dickens? By Gregory Maguire
- Monsterland by Okon Michael
I’m not sure I’ll get to all of these, or only these, but I’ll see what I can manage. Last month’s tbr went pretty far off the rails. I’ll let you know what I read on Thursday.
What are you planning to read this month?