Today I’m answering the questions in the Halloween Book Tag created by Naomi Lemire. There are seven questions.
1. Carving pumpkins – what book would you carve up and light on fire?
This is really harsh to say about anyone’s hard work. One book I really did not like though is The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. This is one of only 4 one-star books on my Goodreads.
2. Trick or treat – what character is a treat, what character is a trick?
A treat is Percy from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee.
A trick is Felicity in The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee.
3. Candy corn – what book is always sweet?
The Princess in Black series by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale.
4. Ghosts – what character would you love to visit you as a ghost?
Definitely, none. That sounds terrifying.
5. Dressing up in costume – what character would you want to be for a day?
Maybe Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Zooming off in to space unexpectedly would certainly be an adventure.
6. Wizards and witches – what is your favorite Harry Potter moment?
I’m not really a Harry Potter fan. I’ve never finished the series though I’ve tried several times over the years. I’ve never seen the movies and the only book I really like is the first one. My favorite part is probably when Harry is trying to get through the doorway at the train station, but to be fair I don’t remember many other scenes.
7. Blood and gore – what book was so creepy that you had to take a break from it for a while?
I don’t normally pause books for that reason. I either stop it entirely, forever, or I keep on reading to finish it quickly if I really need to know what happened. The only book I can think of at the moment that I keep pushing myself to finish was Forever Breathless by Shirley Spain.
Do you pause books that are too creepy?