Usually for my haul revisit I look at the books I purchased the year previous and choose one that I haven’t read yet to read this month. I started tracking books I purchased in November of 2017 so I now have two years of data. Unfortunately, I still have books from 2017 that I haven’t read yet. I plan to choose 2 books from the 2017 list and 1 from the 2018 list to try and read this month.
In 2017 I purchased 19 books. I have since read 5 of them, unhauled 1, and still have 13 unread.
- Luka and the Fire of Life by Salaman Rushdie
- The Rules of the Tunnel by Ned Zeman
- While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark
- The Silver Star By Jeannette Walls
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett
- Rocket City by Cathryn Alpert
- Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
- Summer Knight by Jim Butcher
- Death Masks by Jim Butcher
The Witch of Blackbird Pond was on my October TBR, but I didn’t get to it. It’s short so I think I’ll choose that one as one of these reads and because there are four Dresden Files books on this list I’ll choose the next one in that series too, Fool Moon.
In 2018 I purchased 8 books and have yet to read any of them. That feels like such a waste of money to me. Even if I bought most of them at the library book sale. I started tracking how much money I’m spending on my books recently so at some point I’ll be able to say, I wasted this much money on books this month because I haven’t read any of them. This is so disheartening, but I’m glad to see this issue so I can work on it. These are the 8 books I purchased last year.
- Be Your Own #Goals by Kristen Martin
- Tangerine by Christine Managan
- Rules for the Dance by Mary Oliver
- A Virtuous Woman by Kaye Gibbons
- Weekly Strategies for Writers by Linda A. Lavid
- Self-Editing Fiction for Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
I’m still excited to read most of these. I think for this month I’ll choose Tangerine to try and read.
I hope to enjoy all three of these reads. My full November TBR will be up on Thursday.