This week I did pretty well reading wise. I finished 4 more books bringing my yearly total up to 9 books read so far. I am now only in the middle of 3 books because I focused on finishing books instead of starting new ones.
Unfortunately it was also a bad mental health week and I did a little shopping and am now officially losing the lower my TBR battle, but I’m sure I can catch back up, just maybe not this month.
This week I finished reading
6. It’s Ok That You’re Not OK by Megan Devine ✰5✰ This is one of the books about grief I was hoping to finish this year. This book took me months to read. Not at the fault of the book. I don’t like to be inside my grief, actively working on it, for too long each day. It’s overwhelming. This book offered so much to so many people. Encouragement and love for those who are grieving and practical advice for both the grieving and those that love them and want to be helpful. This is an invaluable resource for all.
7. I Love My Love by Reyna Biddy ✰2✰ I’m using this book for the Pop Sugar reading challenge to read a book written by an author in their 20s.
8. Gwendy’s Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar ✰3✰ I’m using this book for the Pop Sugar reading Challenge to read a book that passes the Bechdel test.
9. Fool Moon by Jim Butcher ✰4✰ I am using this book for the Pop Sugar Challenge to read a book by an author with more than 20 books published. It is also a book from my 2017 purchases reading goal.
This week I continued reading
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (page 96/1468)
This week I started reading
Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore (page109/338)
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (page 16/337)
This week I acquired
6. How to Boil Water by Jennifer Darling
7. The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
8. The Magic Three of Solatia by Jane Yolen
9. Emergency Contact by Mary HK Choi
10. The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman
11. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
12. Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend
13. A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
Next week I hope to pick up (at least one of these)
The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World by Harry Harrison
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
Wilder Girls by Rory Power
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Next week it will be February. I’m hoping to finish at least two or three more books before January is finished.