One month of 2020 is over so let’s look at how I’m doing on my goals. You can see more details about the goals in my original post.
- Read at least 100 books 11/100
- Own fewer unread books at the end of the year than I have at the beginning. Fail so far. I’ve acquired 5 more books than I’ve read from my physical shelves.
- Only order books online when I’ve read 10 physical books that I owned in 2019 or earlier. Another fail so far. I placed an order during a bad mental health day and have not finished 10 of my owned books.
- Finish reading all of the books I have records of for 2017. 1/14
- Luka and the Fire of Life by Salaman Rushdie
- The Rules of the Tunnel by Ned Zeman
- While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark
- The Silver Star By Jeannette Walls
- The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett
- Rocket City by Cathryn Alpert
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher✰4✰
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
- Summer Knight by Jim Butcher
- Death Masks by Jim Butcher
- Blood Rites by Jim Butcher
- Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
- Read at least 14 tomes (books over 500 pages) 1/14
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire✰5✰
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
- I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
- Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann
- The Red pyramid by Rick Riordan
- Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Complete the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge for 2020 10/50 complete
- Participate in Booktube Rereadathon 2020.
- January- reread a translated book or a book in which a character speaks more than one language I haven’t finished it yet, but I’m working on a reread of A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. It’s taking longer to read because I’m annotating it.
I’m glad to see I’m at least making progress on most of my goals. There are ones I need to focus on more, but I’m pleased with my progress so far. How are your 2020 goals holding up so far?