It was fantastic reading week, at least quantity wise. I was trying to read a book a day for my birthday countdown and was still working on other books that I was reading too. I fell a little behind, but still finished several books and made progress in quite a few others too.
This week I finished reading
12. Strange Planet by Nathan W Pyle ✰4✰
13. The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill ✰4✰ I am using this book to full fill the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge to read a book you meant to read in 2019.
14. An Adventure That’s For Sure by Donna Wood ✰1✰ I am using this book for the Pop Sugar Reading challenge to read a book by or about a woman in stem. This is a memoir about a woman who works as a medical technician of some sort. I would not recommend it though. It is very poorly written and meandering.
15. Falling Ill by CK Williams ✰3✰
16. Dear Ijeawele by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ✰5✰ This was a wonderful little book. I am using it for the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge to read a book by a woman of color.
17. Pink Mist by Owen Sheers ✰5✰ I am using this book for the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge prompt to read a book about a subject you know nothing about (war and PTSD).
18. Coming Back From Broken by Stacie Baker ✰3✰ This book is made of blog posts she posted her first year as a widow and it reads like blog posts put together with no editing to make it less repetitive or more coherent. While it was interesting to hear her story of her first year as a widow the religious aspects were just way too much for me. If it weren’t so short I would have quit after a few entries. I’m atheist though, if you’re a religious person you will likely get more inspiration from this book.
19. The New kid at School by KH McMullan ✰4✰
This week I continued reading
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (page 138/1468)
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (page 156/337)
How to Boil Water by Jennifer Darling (page 77/243)
This week I started reading
You Don’t Know Everything Jilly P! by Alex Gino (page 89/256)
Good Talk by Mira Jacob (page 151/349)
Autoboyography by Christina Lauren (page 155/407)
The Martian by Andy Weir (page 49/369)
This week I acquired
16. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
17. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
18. Hello Cruel World by Kate Bornstein
19. Crossed by Ally Condie
20. Reached by Ally Condie
21. The Girl With all the Gifts by MR Carey
22. I Loved You More by Tom Spanbauer
23. No Exit by Taylor Adams
24. The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
Next week I hope to pick up
Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames
Britt-Marie was Here by Fredtik Backman
Treasures in the Snow by Patricia St. John
The Fifth Season by NK Jemisin
There are still six other books in my birthday countdown that I hope to read on the day I open them so I’m hoping for another big reading week next week. I also have four books I’ll be opening on my birthday and Valentine’s Day so there will be more books in my haul next week too. I hope you have a great reading week.