I’m looking at my goals to see how I’m doing so far.
- Read at least 100 books 29/100
- Own fewer unread books at the end of the year than I have at the beginning. Not good so far. Between library books, ebooks, and birthday gifts I currently have 19 more physical books on my TBR than I did at the beginning of the year.
- Only order books online when I’ve read 10 physical books that I owned in 2019 or earlier. Shopping has been kind of a free for all. Whenever I can find a few dollars to buy a book I do. Still working on it.
- Finish reading all of the books I have records of for 2017. 1/14 I’m in the middle of one other at the moment.
- Luka and the Fire of Life by Salaman Rushdie
- The Rules of the Tunnel by Ned Zeman
- While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark
- The Silver Star By Jeannette Walls
- The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Interesting Times by Terry Pratchett
- Rocket City by Cathryn Alpert
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
- Summer Knight by Jim Butcher
- Death Masks by Jim Butcher
- Blood Rites by Jim Butcher
- Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
- Read at least 14 tomes (books over 500 pages). 1/14 I’m in the middle of two others.
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
- I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
- Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann
- The Red pyramid by Rick Riordan
- Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Complete the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge for 2020. 23/50
- Participate in Booktube Rereadathon 2020.I always like the idea of rereading my favorite books but in practice I pretty much never do so. This readathon is hosted by Alex Black Reads and has one challenge for each month of the year.
- January- reread a translated book or a book in which a character speaks more than one language I finished A Man Called Ove and confirmed it as my favorite book.
- February- rediscover a book- one you haven’t read in over ten years and/or don’t remember very well I am still working on Treasures of the Snow by Patricia M St John for this prompt.
Not too bad overall, but some areas certainly need my focus if I’m going to finish these goals this year.