I moved house last Sunday so most of this week was spent unpacking and trying to find things in boxes. I did finish reading 2 books and purchase 8 more though.
I also scanned all of my owned unread books in to Goodreads to add them to my to be read shelf. There are some books scattered in other boxes still, but the books that make up the bulk of my collection equaled 816 unread books on my shelves. I knew it was a high number, but I would have guessed somewhere around 700, not well over 800 once I find the remaining books.
Now I’m trying to decide how to organize my unread book collection. I thought about organizing by purchase date so I could see which books I’ve owned the longest and always know where my newest purchases are. I thought about organizing by color in to a rainbow, which would look beautiful, but I don’t want my series separated. I thought about alphabetizing. Or sorting by page length so i can easily knock out some shorter books and lower my number of unread books more quickly. I haven’t settled on an answer yet, but in the mean time I have lots of other boxes I can unpack while the books sit for a few more days.
This week I finished reading
38. The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams ✰5✰
39. My Explosive Diary by Emily Gale ✰3✰
This week I acquired
55. Legendary by Stephanie Garber
56. Finale by Stephanie Garber
57. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
58. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
59. Paper Towns by John Green
60. Midnight Sun by Trish Cook
61. Confessions of a Highschool Disaster by Emma Chastain
62. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac
Hopefully by next week I will have all of my books off the floor and on to shelves in some sort of organized way and will be back to reading every day. I miss it.