So far this month I have finished reading 5 of the 12 books on my readathon TBRs. This week I got a lot of reading done, but didn’t particularly enjoy any of the books I finished. I am quite enjoying several of the books I’m in the middle of though.
This week I finished reading
55. That Summer by Sarah Dessen ✰2✰ I read this book for the Readathin prompt to read a book chosen by someone else. Pepper chose it for me from my bookshelves. This wasn’t a bad book. I was just really bored the whole time I was reading it. There were a few small things that were irritating, but it was mostly just boring. I have one other book on my physical TBR by this author so I’ll give the author at least one more chance, but I wasn’t impressed with this book.
56. Midnight Sun by Trish Cook ✰3✰ I read this book for the Quarantineathon week two prompt to read a book about a character that is at risk for covid-19. This book was pretty good, but there were a lot of little things that drove me slightly crazy. I just can’t stand lying and there is a lot of that in this book.
57. Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones ✰3✰ I read this book for the Readathin prompt to read a fantasy that takes place in a made up world. This book was fun and interesting and also confusing. I don’t think I would continue with the series.
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar
- Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
- The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow by Tidd Catherine
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Next week I hope to pick up
- The Bear by Andrew Krivak
- Mr Monk is Open For Business by Hy Conrad
- Harry Potter and the Socerer’s Stone by JK Rowling
How is your reading going so far this month?