I finished six more books this week and overall I had a good time reading them. I’m realizing I’m falling behind with my reading plans for the month and will have to make some cuts from my TBR to a more realistic list, but I’m not sure what those cuts will be yet. As long as I keep reading something I’m pretty happy though.
This week I finished reading
58. This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar ✰4✰ This is a book I was really excited to read A time travel lesbian romance between people on opposite sides of a war. I started it wanting it to be my new favorite book of all time. It wasn’t. But it was really good though. It was also confusing and I need a reread to formulate my thoughts more fully.
60. The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys ✰2✰ This book took me forever to read. I liked only one character. There was nothing wrapped up. And I didn’t like the ending. I just did not enjoy the reading experience
61. Cassidy the Costume Fairy by Daisy Meadows ✰4✰ This was a small little chapter book I read to Pepper as a readaloud. It was better than I was expecting and I really liked that the goblin (the bad guys in this series) was a boy, but was really excited to wear the princess dress and tiara and nobody thought it was weird. I wish we had that unnoticed kind of representation included in chapter books when I was a child.
62. Caraval by Stephanie Garber ✰4✰ This was a fun story. The mystery and challenge of the game were compelling and I enjoyed reading it, even though I hated every character involved at some point during the story. The last page made me want to pick up the next book in the series right away.
63. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume ✰4✰ I wasn’t sure how I felt about this the whole way through. I’m not sure what I expected, but I got something else. I thought this was an adult book by this author, but it felt very much like her young adult titles from when I was growing up so I may have been mistaken. All of the characters were so flawed and I hated them each for different reasons throughout the story. I couldn’t put it down though and enjoyed the reading experience.
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow by Tidd Catherine
- The Bear by Andrew Krivak
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- The Guilds of Thanatikos by Ben Sanders
Next week I hope to pick up
- Mr Monk is Open For Business by Hy Conrad
- Harry Potter and the Socerer’s Stone by JK Rowling
- People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
What have you been reading? What do you hope to pick up next week?