I finished four more books this week. And I am in the middle of eight others.
This week I finished
68. The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan ✰3✰ This book was okay. I liked the format better than the story.
69. May B by Caroline Starr Rose ✰3✰ I had no idea what this book was about, only that it was a novel in verse, which I love. It was a survival story, which I also love. But somehow it still just didn’t grab me.
70. Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman ✰5✰ This was the last Fredrik Backman book I had left to read and that makes me so sad. There is a new one coming out in September though. Hooray! I didn’t think I was going to like this book at the beginning because Britt-Marie feels like such a nothing character. A blank slate is hard to care about, but as the book progressed we could really see her shine and I was hoping for a happy ending for her. It’s not my favorite book by this author, but it’s certainly not my least favorite either.
71. The Bear by Andrew Krivak ✰3✰ This was another book I didn’t know what it was about. I just started reading it. It was a story about surviving in the forest alone and about grief. I should have really loved it and I did love parts of it. But there was a lot of talk about killing and taking apart animals and it was just too much for me.
Next week I hope to continue or start
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow by Tidd Catherine
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
- Somewhere Among by Annie Donwerth–Chikamatsu
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
What are you reading this week?