This is my last bookish week until August. I will be out of state for three of the four Saturdays in August with no access to a computer. To make my vacation as stress free as possible I’ve scheduled other posts for the Saturdays in July and will be back with, hopefully, a big wrap up of everything I finished in the last few days of June and all of July on August 4th.
This week I finished
76. Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo ✰3✰ I was not tremendously impressed with this book. I read it because it is on my list of Newbery winners. I liked it more than the other two books I’ve read by this author, but unless she wins another Newbery I’m probably done with her for good now. Other people love her books, but they are just not for me.
77. Heidi Heckelbeck Has a Secret by Wanda Coven ✰4✰ This was a readaloud I did with Pepper. We read it all in one sitting because Pepper didn’t want me to stop. It is an early chapter book that Pepper absolutely loved. She has declared it her new favorite book. It was a cute story about a little girl transitioning from homeschooling to public school for the first time and she encounters a bully and a new friend on her first day. I think the rest of the series will be really fun because of something we found out in the last sentence of this first book. We have book 2 and 3 on hand so I’m sure we’ll be reading them soon.
Next week I hope to finish
Next week I hope to finish all of the books I’m in the middle of so that I can start my July and vacation TBR fresh with no holdovers (aside from Les Miserables which I’ll be working on via Kindle on the trip). My currently reading pile looks like this:
- Stamped From the Beginning by Ibram X Kendi
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow by Tidd Catherine
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
- Am I Blue edited by Marion Dane Bauer
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
What are you reading this week?