The original of this challenge was fun and stressful and now there is another one. Hooray. Part two was created by Keeping Tabs and Current Chapter on youtube. It is a scavenger hunt type challenge with 20 prompts. You’re supposed to time yourself and see how fast you can find all of the books, but I’ll just be picking at the prompts over a couple of days when I have time to do so.
1. Do you have a book with a fox on the cover or part of the plot?
The first book I thought of for this is an ebook I have. The Carnelian Fox by Kay MacLeod.
2. Do you have a book that was published the year you were born, or within a 3 year radius?
I was born in 1987 and I found The Tommyknockers by Stephen King.
3. Do you have a book with music as a weapon or magic?
I couldn’t think of anything for this one. Ideas?
4. Do you have a series with mismatched covers?
I have the Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke. The first two are paperback and the third is hardcover.
5. Do you have a book with a shapeshifter?
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
6. Do you have a book signed by the author?
I have Be Be Your Own #Goals by Kristen Martin
7. Do you have a book with a mostly red cover?
The Girl Who Saved Christmas by Matt Haig
8. Do you have a book between 287 – 306 pages?
Confess by Colleen Hoover is 306 pages.
9. Do you have a book with a main character who wears glasses?
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
10. Do you have a book with a title that has the same number of letters as your first name?
My first name is Lori. I have a really old paperback with Lori as the title. I’ve never read it, but wanted to have it because it has my name on it. Lori by Robert Bloch.
11. Do you have a book with cybercrime/technology as a plot point?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
12. Do you have book written in another language or translated to English?
The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa Translated by Stephen Snyder
13. Do you have a book written by an Asian author?
Goodreads tells me Celeste Ng is an Asian author and I have her book Little Fires Everywhere on my shelf.
14. Do you have a book with a moon on the cover?
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
15. Do you have an illustrated children’s book?
We have around 1000 picture books on Pepper’s shelves so I don’t know how I would choose just one.
16. Do you have a collection of fairy tales or myths ?
Politically Correct Bedtime Stories by James Finn Garner
17. Do you have a sci-fi/fantasy with an alliance between races?
Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames
18. Do you have a book with a narrow front cover? (paperback with a front cover that is slightly trimmed shorter/narrower than the rest of the book)
I have so many of these and I hate that. What is the purpose? One that I have is Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
19. Do you have a book that includes the first chapter of the sequel?
The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
20. Do you have a book with a broken spine?
Many of my books have broken spines because I get many of them used. One with significant cracks in the spine is A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay.
Phew. It took a couple days of picking at the questions, but I found answers for all but one. Do you have books to meet all of these prompts?