Hi there! So I guess I might be back after spontaneously quitting in the middle of August. Life and grief and depression and anxiety and single widowed parenting and the pandemic and financial struggles all got in the way big time. Also I hate the new block editor here and that made trying to come back when things settled down a little an even harder choice to make.
There is no catching up 2 months of reading updates fully, but since my last post I’ve read another 49 books bringing my yearly total up to 163 so far. I’ve acquired another 145 books. And I’m in the middle of 40 other books.
Highlights of my reading in the last two months include:
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman, my new favorite book of all time. I’m planning a reread of it as my first read of 2021.
- Well Played by Jen DeLuca. I loved this just as much as the first book from the series and can’t wait for book three to come out.
- Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers by Grant Naylor was just as much fun as the Red Dwarf TV show my late husband loved so much.
Of the books I’m currently reading, some favorites at the moment are:
- The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C Cherry
- The Boy Who Knew Too Much by Cathy Byrd
- Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
- How to Be Fine by Jolenta Greenberg and Kristen Meinzer
- I Can’t Stop Crying by John D Martin
- The House on the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
- The Obelisk Gate by NK Jemisin
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
- Better Than Life by Grant Naylor
- The Long Haul by Jeff Kinney
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab
Hopefully I’ll find myself posting something else soon. I’ve missed you all.